Monday 10 April 2017

FLO AND MASKING, AND OTHER BITS AND PIECES....

If you are on the CI mailing list for newsletters you will have recently received a step by step by Flo on masking techniques.  Hopefully you enjoyed it and found it useful.  We also put the relevant stamps on special offer for a week.  Here is the card Flo made and wrote steps about:


I love the 'Alice' theme here, and this is an earlier card Flo made with a similar theme and a few different stamps as well:


The stamps appearing above are on offer within the pages of the Sale section Here, and will be removed from this section at the end of this week.  If you don't receive our newsletters already, you can sign up to get them on our Homepage (towards the bottom of the page).  You will then get to know all about the offers and new stamps and stuff by email on a regular basis, so do join in the fun.

On a different note we will be back on Hochanda early next month - yay (more info to follow)!  Lesley made a rather lovely card on our last Hochanda show, and I had a play with the same technique myself.  It involved kraft card and a white paint background, simple but very effective.  I decorated a nice cheap sketchbook from Hobbycraft and created a couple of cards:






Stamps used in the above include CI-460, CI-209, CI-468,  CI-391, and CI-440.

My final makes this evening are another book cover design by Flo, and a card by Willy, both featuring stamps from our most recent issue, CI-466 and CI-467:



Love both of these makes!!

Thanks for viewing, and leaving comments, and I will be back soon,

Jean x



18 comments:

Dora said...

What a beautiful and perfect creations with the stamps. All of them.
Indeed, by the first cards recieved a tutorial. Was very nice to see. Thank you.
Stunning cards from Flo.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! Flo's have made stunning cards with her masking, such delightful scenes, very creative!! Love, love them!! So dreamimg and sweet! And all your makes look amazing! Great result with kraft card and white paint, brilliant work!! The colours of the stamps pop out so well and also the black ink! I have to try this technique!!
Lovely card also by Willy!

Jannet said...

I loved Flo's cards when I saw them in your newsletter they are absolutely wonderful, and I just Love them!

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

great makes ! I love the way you mix stamps !

CastleKelly Crafts said...

I remember being stunned by Flo's ' Alice' card a couple of years ago when I first saw it ..... Seeing it again and I'm still blown away!!
Love the white paint on the Kraft card, great technique. Beautiful collection of makes Ladies X

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I love Flo's work and these are amazing, as are all the pieces of art in this post. I'm a great fan of Kraft card myself and the pieces of art in this post are superb. I'm really excited to hear that you'll be on Hochanda again soon, so I'll be keeping an eye out to set my recorder. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Gerrina said...

Such a treat and so inspirational! i love masking and use it so often but not so extreme as Flo did; what a stunning card!
Love the white-on-kraft technique something I should try and beautiful last two cards!
Thanks for all the inspiration ladies! Have a colourful week!

cuilliesocks said...

What a feast for the eyes today Jean, such wonderful cards, and I just love Flo's creations, but all your DT creat wonderful cards, Kate x

Sid said...

Ohh Jean ! I just love the way that your stamps lend themselves to such wonderful interpretation...... wonderful !

Florence said...

Beautiful makes Jean. Loving the effect with the white on the Kraft card. Fabulous card by Willy. Wonderful effect with the mix of stamp. Always a lovely arty feel to Willy's creations.
Thank you to everyone for your comments and kinds words. They are truly appreciated.
Hugs to all Flo x

maria's knutselplezier said...

These are really fantastic makes, one by one so beautiful !

Greetings
Maria

Jeanie said...

Really beautiful cards and stamps what great talent you all have .Jeanie.eh y

Cocofolies said...

Fabulous samples by Flo and yourself!!!
Thanks for sharing as usual Jean, this is so much appreciated and enjoyable.
Hugs to all, Coco xx

Cocofolies said...

Forgot to quote Willy's card sample too, so lovely!! :-)
All great makes! xx

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous makes. Just put in an order for some of those special offer stamps. Gosh, it's been a while, but since my birthday is coming up soon I decided to treat myself LOL. Thanks so much and have a lovely Easter. Hugz

Jackie PN said...

Jean, those cards on the kraft paper are beautiful! Love the white stamping!
Flo, has done a wonderful job with her tutorials-TY!

Happy Easter to all!
Jackie xx

Nefertiti said...

Fabulous cards from Flo, but the other cards are gorgeous too!!!!! Hugs, Sylvie

Dee said...

missed the first show on hochanda..can you tell me how you get the whitewash effect shown on these cards?..would love to have a go ..:)